If you enjoy traveling to the West Coast, working onsite at client locations, being part of a growing team and helping the Chicago practice develop, then Lindquist LLP is the right firm for you. We have an immediate opening for a Senior/Supervising Senior Auditor in the Chicago area.
Here you’ll be challenged by a variety of assignments in a dynamic, growing firm. You’ll have a clear and fast path for career development, all while having the freedom to balance your personal and professional life.
If you have least two to five years of experience as an auditor, contact us to learn more about this position.
As a Senior/Supervising Senior Auditor in the Chicago region, you will:
- Plan, execute and review work in the field on audits, including compilations and reviews for employee benefit plans, 401(k) plans and not-for-profits
- Supervise staff auditors working on those engagements
- Train and mentor staff on audit process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews
- Work under the supervision of an audit senior manager (CPA) who will provide guidance and direction
- Work with the audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during the audit process
- Complete and review the related tax forms for each audit (Forms 990, 5500, LM-2, etc.)
- Travel to the West Coast for training and client work while the Chicago office grows
- From mid-January through mid-April, additional hours are required for our busy season
To be qualified, you must have:
- Two to five years of experience in public accounting, with supervisory experience preferred
- The ability to work independently
- Knowledge of applicable GAAP, GAAS, Auditing Areas (experience with unions, not-for-profits and Taft Hartley pension and welfare funds are a plus)
- The ability to successfully interact with clients and management to deliver quality service
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, yet function well with individual responsibilities
- CPA is a plus; an undergraduate degree in accounting, business administration or equivalent with the required educational hours needed to sit for the state CPA exam is required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, long-term disability and a flexible spending account program. Lindquist LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org